Scary Adult Things
BBC Scotland commissioned Duncan Cowles to do a 6-part TV series to explore millennial problems in an off-the-wall documentary series.
‘Scary Adult Things’, produced by Studio Something, follows Duncan as he hurtles into his 30’s, still living at home with his parents, he looks around at his peers and attempts to answer the question most millennials wrestle with, ‘am I doing this right?’
ALL episodes available on BBCiplayer from March 16th:
Episodes 1-6 also aired twice a week on Monday nights at 10:30pm, and Saturday nights at 21:30pm on the BBC Scotland channel. First broadcast March 15th 2021.
The series is being repeated on BBC Scotland in 2022, starting April 1st, weekly on Friday nights at 23:30.
(please note, some of these clips have been edited for online and so are different to how they appear within the series.)
- Duncan Cowles on The Afternoon Show with Janice Forsyth – BBC Radio Scotland
- Review of Scary Adult Things on BBC5Live Must Watch Podcast
Duncan Cowles on Sean McDonald’s BLETHERED podcast
- Duncan Cowles on The Terrace Podcast
- Duncan Cowles on Derek Watson Podcast
- Duncan Cowles on Fuel What Matters Podcast
- Duncan Cowles on My Turn Pod
- Duncan Cowles on CamBro Conversations
Duncan Cowles on Vintage Society Podcast
- Duncan Cowles on The Documentary Podcast
- Advice article for It’s Nice That
Interview with Duncan Cowles on Directors Notes
Interview with Duncan Cowles in The Skinny
Blog post for Scottish Documentary Institute on moving from Short film to TV
- The Sun, feature on Dean from Episode 3
TIKTOK for BBC
I made a series of TikTok’s for the BBC TikTok page. Like this one.